Friday, July 4, 2008

Fear and Trepidation

Oh dear...Do I really think that I can make a blog entry that will only take seconds to read? Minutes with Suebird doesn't quite have a ring to it, so I went with seconds. We'll see if that helps to keep me from being long winded. I doubt it =). It will be interesting to see what random thoughts leak out into a blog entry. That is where the fear and trepedation come in. Several of my teammates in Ireland have a blog and as I read their entries, I think that there must be an art form to blogging and I am not sure that I have "the gift". We shall see. I fear that I will share way too much information about my inner thoughts that shouldn't really see the light of day, especially in print. I'll have to trust the Lord to give me discretion =). Perhaps with "exercising" these blogging muscles will improve. Blank screens can be a bit daunting, can't they?

For those of you who are wondering why "Suebird", allow me to explain. Several years ago I had a friend who jokingly declared his intention to own his own country. I decided that I would be the queen mother. After some discussion, I was demoted to the national bird. The nerve!! The national bird was christened "Suebird" and the name stuck. Perhaps it was no coincidence that my Kentucky kitchen is decorated with birdhouses. My house is now affectionately known as the Birdhouse. The concept of being a Birdhouse has caught on and taken on a life of its own. The idea is to have a home where people feel welcomed and God is honored...a refuge...a place to play...and cry...and laugh...and talk...a place to feel loved. I am honored to be one of the keepers of the nest!

Happy July 4th! It is a bit odd to think that this will likely be my last July 4th in the states for quite awhile. That seems a bit surreal, but exciting. I was encouraged to check my account this morning and find that my support has gone up to 66.99%. YEAH!!! Little by little it is going up. In the meantime, I am hanging out at my mom's house today. A low key holiday suits my mood.

I have, no doubt, used up several seconds of your time. Thanks for checking this blog out!

Suebird

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

are you sure this is your first blog attempt? my hunch is for now on the Joneses will be feeling a need to keep up with you ;)

Birdhouse por vida!
with love, Kimbler

Kathy Laughlin said...

Hi Suebird, I'm so happy that you have a blog now! It'll be a great way to keep in touch,along with vonage, skype and facebook. I can hardly wait until you get here so we can have tea together and chat just like we did in the good old days...a few months ago:). I love and miss you.

Kathy

Laura McLain said...

Hurray! You have a blog! Now I can keep up with all that is going on with you. :) So excited to read about your support!!! Maybe we will see each other in November!!!

Tracy said...

Suebird has a blog! = ) I'm so excited! Loved your first post and look forward to keeping up regularly here. Have no fear! Blogging doesn't require any special gift or I wouldn't have one...I promise!) The best blogs are simply where people share their heart...everyday, real-life, transparent stuff...

Love you,
Tracy

P.S. Excited about your 66.99%!

Anonymous said...

lovely, dear. The read is worth every second.... much love to the harvest moon :)